Prince’s Trust Salford Team are now looking for full time carers aged 16-25 to take part in the next Prince’s Trust Team Programme starting Monday 18th May 2015 at Salford Fire Station.
The team programme includes:
- The chance to gain nationally recognised qualifications including Food Safety in Catering L1, First Aid at Work, Functional Skills in Maths and English L1/2 and Prince’s Trust Qualification in Teamwork, Employability and Community Skills.
- A week long residential at Lakeside YMCA Windermere where you will get to know your team mates better and push yourself to take part in activities that you have never tried before to improve your confidence.
- A chance to get involved in Fire Service training exercises and activities such as Road Traffic Collision demonstration and Fire Fighter experience.
- Fundraising and a community project where you will give back to your local community whilst building on organisation, team work and practical skills whilst helping to improve a public space such as a park or community building.
- Work experience placements in a field of work of your choice. We will help you to find and arrange a work placement for you to be able to gain experience in the work place and receive feedback and a reference which can be added to your CV. This is a chance to really prove yourself and show employers what you’ve got!
- A Final Team Challenge involving more fundraising followed by activities to engage with Vulnerable Groups in the community and understand their needs.
- Celebration event where you will be able to tell your friends and family, local councillors, community members and Fire Service officers about the fantastic things you have been involved in throughout the programme, what you have learnt and how far you’ve come.
If you are or know of any young person you feel may benefit from taking part please get in touch with Andy Cropper on 07766133582