Fundraising & Marketing Apprentice
Trafford Carers Centre
To assist the Fundraising Coordinator to ensure that local fundraising events, activities and collections etc (including outreach collections) run effectively and are well planned, marketed and supported and have the appropriate equipment and materials.
29th May 2015
Weekly wage £95.55
Working week Mon - Fri 35 hours per week
Apprenticeship duration 12 months
Possible start date 02 Jun 2015
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reference number VAC000608125
- To assist the Fundraising Coordinator to ensure that local fundraising events, activities and collections etc. (including outreach collections) run effectively and are well planned, marketed and supported and have the appropriate equipment and materials.
- To attend and co-ordinate local fundraising activities and events.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date financial and supporter records are maintained and accessible
- To communicate effectively with volunteers and to plan activities in advance to ensure that fundraising volunteers are prepared for any activity.
- To agree and follow a schedule of updating information eBooks.
- To ensure that the Centre has a wide range of accurate, high quality, easy-to-read information eBooks for carers.
- To assist the Marketing Officer in researching and writing articles for the bi-monthly newsletter
- To ensure that the Centres social media accounts are monitored and kept up to date when the Marketing Officer is out of the office.
- To work flexible hours (for which time-in-lieu will be given) where this is necessary to meet the needs of the charity.
- Act as a representative of Trafford Carers Centre both externally and internally.
- To carry out the duties of the post with full regard to Equal Opportunity policies.
- To participate in and contribute to training as appropriate to the experience of the post holder.
- To carry out any general administration tasks as required.
- Duties of all Carers Centre staff are periodically reviewed and may alter in line with service requirements in consultation with staff
- All workers will be expected to maintain a high standard of practice, which recognises the rights of the individual to have assurance that any information given will be treated with the respect and privacy consistent with the organisations overall social and professional responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of IT
- Excellent written skills
- Good telephone manner
- Creative thinker
Minimum of a C grade or above in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent.
Fantastic opportunity to offer a career in Fundraising.
Things to consider
As most fundraising events take place either at weekends or in the evening there will be some occasions when the apprentice will be expected to work these events. Time will be given back in lieu for these occasions
About the employer
Trafford Carers Centre is an independent charity that supports unpaid carers in the borough of Trafford. A carer is someone who supports a friend, relative or loved one who through illness, disability, frailty or old age, is unable to manage without them. Carers are not paid for their role, and often sacrifice their own wellbeing and struggle financially due to their caring role.
Founded in 1996, we have over 15 years’ experience supporting carers to recognise their own needs, achieve their goals and aspirations and ensuring that they are understood, supported and valued in their chosen caring role.
All caring journeys are different, at the Centre we tailor our help and support to each person’s unique situation. All of our services are free of charge or subsidised. We provide our services from a large number of community venues, including Doctor’s surgeries, hospitals and community centres, as well as from our Carers Centre hub on Warwick Road. We also visit carers in their own homes or near to where they live.
The Centre is also a network partner of the Carers Trust
Trafford Carers Centre
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration is a work-based –QCF (Qualification Credit Framework which has replaced the NVQ) Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Technical Certificate in Business Administration (or equivalent underpinning knowledge training delivered in the workplace in the “New Combined Qualifications” which combine the knowledge and competence elements into a single qualification, that supplements the work-based learning)
• ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities workbook
• PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
Contact our Recruitment team on 0161 244 9443 or email Manchester@learningunlimiteduk.com