IMAGINE HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO SAVE A LIFE
OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ESSENTIAL FIRST AID SKILLS
Great new initiative with St. John's Ambulance Brigade and their RISE programme
Want to know what to do in an emergency?
Want to know how to deal with accidents and injuries?
This summer, St John Ambulance is offering young carers a chance to take part in an Essential First Aid course. You will receive a certificate and it will look great on your CV. It’s fun and easy to learn.
What you will learn:
· How to find out if a casualty has any life-threatening injuries or conditions
· How to help someone who is choking
· How to put someone in the recovery position
· How to resuscitate somebody who is not breathing
· How to treat someone who is bleeding badly
· How to help someone who is having chest pains
· What should be in a first aid kit
1 day courses will take place at the start of the summer holidays and will be aimed at young people aged 11+. Interested? If you are please ring either Paul or Natalie at the Young Carers Service and express an interest.
Over 15? There will be a special course for the 16-24 year olds so don't miss out.