It is with great sadness that we, Gaddum Centre, are recruiting to replace Paul Moran as the Salford Carers Service Manager. Paul is leaving Gaddum at the end of June, retiring after 11 years with the Service and over 46 years working vulnerable adults and young people. More about this later in the year but to ensure a smooth handover we are recruiting now with the following timescale
The closing date for applications is 26th Feb at 5pm
The interview will be two stages, the first will be a panel interview on the 9th March
The second stage will be a presentation to a panel of carers and staff on the 14th March
Please can you share this across your networks or with anyone that you think would be interested in the role?
Service Manager; Salford Carers Service
Job Title: Service Manager – Salford Carers Service
Responsible to: Head of Services
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Reporting to: Assistant Head of Services
Salary: £28,485 -31,601 NJC Scale PO1 –PO2 (SP33-38) (pay review pending)
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Salford Carers Centre
The Service Manager will be primarily responsible for the operational management and direction of Salford Carers Service provided by The Gaddum Centre.
To manage the Salford Carers Service; ensuring high standards and value for money.
The Service Manager will have responsibility for:
· Managing, developing and promoting the Salford Carers Service to provide effective support for unpaid carers in Salford.
· Managing the staff of Salford Carers Service.
· Developing the service in line with any contract specifications and Gaddum Centre strategic development plans; local regional and national.
· Developing and maintaining service user involvement, including but not limited to; forums for carers, feedback and evaluation of services, carers involved in service development.
· Ensuring Salford Carers Service is delivered within financial budgets.
· Supporting the delivery and development of additional projects located with the service.
· Developing an action plan for income generation in conjunction with Business Development Lead and the Senior Management Team.
Main duties and responsibilities
Management of Salford Carers Service
· To be responsible for the management of the Salford Carers Service in line with the contract and service specification awarded by Salford City Council.
· Operational management of annual leave, sickness & absence, office cover Health & safety, expenses etc; holding regular team meetings for staff.
· Ensure compliance with recognised Quality Assurance system.
· Ensure Information Management system is used by all staff, with support and training as appropriate.
· Compile any necessary reports as required by the Assistant Head of Services, Senior Management Team and commissioners.
· Attend appropriate external meetings as required by the Assistant Head of Services or Senior Management Team with commissioners and key partners.
· In conjunction with the Assistant Head of Services, Senior Management Team and Salford City Council undertake review and planning of the service.
· Develop and maintain effective partnership working and links with key stakeholders and other service providers.
· To develop service user involvement forums for carers of all ages.
· Promote Salford Carers Service throughout Salford and to external organisations.
· Monitor, review and update information relating to Salford Carers Service including promotional materials and production of an e-bulletin.
· Ensure a high quality service is delivered meeting all specifications agreed within contracts.
· To attend, engage with and contribute to Service Managers meetings.
· To keep abreast of relevant policies and legislation relating to the service.
Management of staff
· To oversee the leadership of the Salford Carers Service.
· Ensure that all staff are managed and developed through supervision and professional development.
· To develop a culture for Salford Carers Service promoting inclusion and effective team work.
· To support with the recruitment of staff and promoting active service user involvement in the process.
· To hold effective team meetings and ensure robust monitoring of activities.
· To ensure implementation of induction and on-going training.
· To ensure open and effective communication with all staff in Salford Carers Service and Gaddum Centre.
· To identify and develop carers services at Gaddum Centre in conjunction with the Assistant Head of Services and Senior Management Team.
· To be actively involved in development of future tender submissions for Carers services.
· To identify and apply for additional resources and funding stream for carers services, involving the Assistant Head of Services.
· To develop service user involvement in in design and development of service models, participation and service planning.
· Effectively monitor and evaluate provision on a regular basis and implement changes to improve the service.
· Develop a training strategy for the service to both promote the service and generate income.
· To support the development of the volunteering scheme for the service.
· To work with the Gaddum Centre, Assistant Head of Services and Finance Manager to ensure Salford Carers Service operates within agreed budgets.
· To monitor expenditure including expenses, events and activities and funding awards, ensuring best value for money.
· Identify funding opportunities and work with Chief Executive and Assistant Head of Services to develop applications involving Salford Carers Service staff as appropriate.
· Complete reports as required by Chief Executive, Assistant Head of Services and commissioners.
Other duties and responsibilities
· To represent Gaddum Centre and participate at external meetings and events to maintain awareness of local, regional and national issues as required by Assistant Head of Services and Chief Executive.
· To meet regularly with Assistant Head of Services for supervision and support.
· To organise and attend meetings as required by the Assistant Head of Services.
· To undertake additional duties within competence of post holder as required by Assistant Head of Services or Chief Executive.
· Give presentations and talks about work of Gaddum Centre as required.
· Flexible approach to working patterns to suit the needs of the role and responsibilities as required.
· All other duties reasonably associated with your role.
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time the nature of individual jobs will change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, this job description may be revised from time to time.
Please request Person Specification when asking for the application form.
For further information please visit www.gaddumcentre.co.uk