Salford Young Carers and Young Adult Carers Services are part of the Salford Carers Service, WHICH IS ITSELF PART OF the Gaddum Centre MANCHESTERS OLDEST SOCIAL WELFARE CHARITY.
We work in partnership with Salford City Council, and other grant funders to achieve the following;
- Improve the identification of carers aged 24 and under within the city.
- Work with families, and other partners to reduce the level of inappropriate caring being undertaken by young people.
- To remove as many young people as possible from a caring role.
- To identify and support all long term carers aged 24 and under, especially the most vulnerable, those who are lone and primary carers.
- To ensure all carers aged 24 and under have the opportunities to have breaks from caring, have access to appropriate “fun” activities and the opportunities to influence the development of all services to support them.
- To ensure all carers aged 24 and under have the opportunities to stay engaged with education/employment/training and achieve to their fullest potential.
- To increase the life opportunities of all carers aged 24 and under.
- To increase the awareness of the issues affecting young carers and young adult carers across all professional groups within the city.
- Work with employers to increase the identification of carers, support carers in the work place & develop employment opportunities for carers.